My Daily Writing: September 21st, 2015

/
0 Comments
Today, I posted my This I Believe essay on my group's discussion board. I'm both scared and a little excited to see what my classmates think about it. I really hope that my writing group's feedback will help me make my essay better. Unfortunately, the last essay I wrote wasn't even passing. I really need to step up my game.


Not only will I receive feedback, but I also have to give other people feedback on their work. I would easily say that I'm a very opinionated person. When I get a chance to share my opinion, I usually don't hesitate to give it. However, when it come down to essays and other writings, I have trouble being critical. I'm not the best writer myself, and I feel like criticizing other people's works is not fair to them. I can barely write myself, and there I go telling other people what is wrong with their writings.

Even though I'm not that great of a writer, I guess that my opinions still matter. Maybe I could have mentioned something that someone else didn't or forgot too. I, myself, would receive feedback from a less experienced writer, just to see what they think of it. The more people to review your essay the better I guess.

In other news, I have a American Government and Politics report assigned. I chose to write about gun control. American Government has never been a passion of mine. I have never been interested in politics, but I chose gun control as my topics anyway. I don't own a gun or know many people who do, but gun control was the only topic that stood out to me, so I chose it to write about. I'm nearly finished writing it, but it's still not ready to be turned in yet. I hope that this essay turns out well too.








You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts