My Daily Writing: September 15th, 2015

/
0 Comments


Time has gone by so fast. It really has. In about 3 months, I will be turning 18. I never really thought about it much until now. Just the thought of being an adult legally is really weird. I’ll be able to do a lot more things than when I was 17, but quite honestly, I pretty sure it's not going to be all it's cut out to be. I’m pretty sure I'm not going to anything that requires being 18. Writing about turning 18 reminds me of something that happened in my life.

While my family was visiting our relatives and friends in the United States, I found out something that really surprised me. It was about time to start school, so I decided that I needed to go to Walmart and pick up a few school supplies. I picked up some pencils, pens, and some innocent white out, or so I thought. While scanning my items through the self-checkout, an error came up. I looked around for a Walmart employee’s assistance, and one of the staff noticed me and came to help me. When she got to me, she asked me if I’m 18. I was only 16 at the time so I told her no. Then she said in an annoyed voice ,”Well, you can’t buy this.” I said," okay," and walked away. I was so confused. I found my parents before they were finished checking out and they helped me buy it. When I got back to my grandparent's house, I googled why you have to be 18 to buy white out. Apparently, because people are known to get high on it. I was very surprised at my findings. Then I thought to myself: What makes and 18 year old any more mature than someone a year younger? I don't now. Maybe it's just an official thing. So guess what! When I turn 18, I can officially buy my own white out. Look out world!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts