Know My Audience Analysis

/
2 Comments


  When first beginning the assignment, I expected the questions that were asked to be fairly personal. I was glad I was correct. To me, asking personal questions is more effective than asking general questions. By asking personal questions, I feel that we can more effectively get to know our audience.

  I was surprised that a majority of people in my class are Christians, just like me. By living in foreign countries for over 10 years of my life, I’m used to being around people of different religions, such as Hinduism and even people with no particular religion. I did not expect to have so many other Christian classmates. To be honest, I have been trying not to mention too much about Christianity in this class. It’s not that I’m ashamed of my religion or anything, it’s just that I did not want offend anyone else’s religions. Now that I know most of my fellow classmates are Christians, I will not have worry about it in my writings as much. I will not feel like I have to restrain myself from writing about my beliefs.

 Another thing that I leaned about my classmates (my audience) is that a handful of them are still in high school or have just gotten out and are in their freshman year. I’m not sure how knowing this fact will help me out now, but I hope it will in my future writings for this class. I have also found out that I share a common interest of music with other people.

 Overall, my new gained knowledge of my audience will help me significantly in my writings. I now know that many of my classmates are Christians, many of them are still/recently in high school, and that many of them have similar interests. Judging by my classmates questions, they seem interested in reading and sharing personal experiences, especially ones that interest them. From now, I will try to use more examples and stories about myself to further express my point, and make my writings worthy of reading.



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Good start. If you were to describe your audience as one person, what characteristics would that person have? ~Ms .A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to describe my audience in one person their characteristics would be curiosity, helpful, and nice. I think those best fit them, at least most of them.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts