My Reflection to the Jung Typolgy Test

/
1 Comments


I am an ISTJ. For the past few years, the Jung Typology Test has been an interest of mine. I found the test results very interesting and informative. After taking it again this time, I got the same results.  I have taken the typology test multiple times over the years and got the same results, even though I used different websites. Funny thing is my sister’s Jung Typology Test changes almost every time she takes the test.  

It’s hard to compare and contrast my own perceptions of myself with the ISTJ Jung Typology Indicators. Before I took the test, I didn’t really think much about other people’s personality types or my own. It just never occurred to me. I knew everyone was different but what I didn’t know was there were 16 different groups of personalities. 

I see myself as an introvert, and considering the results of the test it’s true. According to the Jung Typology Indicators, I’m usually a hard worker and am oriented to completing all tasks before or on the deadline. This statement is very true for me, at least the second part is. I never want to miss a deadline and luckily I haven’t yet this semester. Also, it says that ISTJs like to be accurate and are often perfectionists. This is exactly like me. As a little girl, any time I would do anything crafty, I would always have to change it over and over until I thought it was good enough. As you can see, most of the ISTJ indicators apply to me. However, some of the indicators don’t. Where it says, “ISTJs will likely think things through before talking,” only partially applies to me. If I’m comfortable, often my ideas and opinions come out of my mouth without me thinking before I say them. On the other hand, when I’m with a big group of people I usually think a lot before I say anything.

I think that my test results will help me out a lot as a person in college and as a writer. The test results will help me get a better understanding of my personality. I will be able to gain positive and negative insight on areas of my personality that I don’t know about. For example, many of the flaws that I have are listed under ISTJ weaknesses on the Internet. From this list I can find things that I struggle in and need to work harder doing.

From the ISTJ Jung Typology Indicators, I’m learning that as a person and a writer I’m a hard worker and need to be careful not to add unnecessary details and data to my writings. All in all, this test provided a great way for me to better understand myself and other people.


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Good explanation of indicators and application in how they apply to you. The results can change over time, and likely should, as we learn and grow as humans. One thing that happens, however, to those who take the type indicator multiple times is that they learn to manipulate the results. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts