My Daily Writing: September 19th, 2015

/
0 Comments
Something that I enjoy doing with my spare time is reading and writing about technology. For the longest time, I have been very interest in computers and other technology. I couldn't think of much to write about today, so I thought I might do a comparison of two different apple products.

The iPod Touch 6th generation came out a few months ago. I had no idea. I knew that it was coming out sometime this year, but not so soon. This new iPod touch has replaced the yellow color with a luxurious gold color, seen in the iPhone. I guess the yellow iPod Touch 5 didn't sell that well. One thing to note about the new iPod Touch 6th generation is that Apple has added a new storage size of 128 GB to the previous sizes of 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. Also, for some reason Apple decided to take the loop button off of the new iPod. I'm not sure to as why they did that. Possibly, because it was not used as much as they hoped it to be. Or maybe it was just an experiment to see if people liked it.

As far as specs go, the iPod Touch 5th generation is pretty similar to the new 6th generation. The only major differences are the RAM, chip, and camera. The new iPod Touch has doubled the amount of RAM seen in the iPod Touch 5. However, the doubled RAM does not make the new device faster, it just allows you to do more things at the same time without lag. The new iPod Touch 6 also sports a new chip. The new used is the A8 chip as opposed to the iPod Touch 5's A5 chip. The A8 chip is the same chip used in the new iPhone 6. Lastly, the iPod Touch 6 has an 8 megapixel camera, as opposed to the 5 megapixel camera seen in the iPod Touch 5.

The color, size, weight, build, display, camera aperture, storage options, and price show very little change in the two iPod Touches, if not identical.

Conclusions:

I have concluded that the iPod Touch 6th Generation is NOT worth it. I have had my iPod Touch 5 for almost 2 years now and I'm still happy with it. I have dropped it over and over without a case and it's still alive and in very good condition. Another reason I won't be buying it is because I'm trying to save up for a phone. However, if you don't have an iPod Touch, want one, and have a little extra money, I suggest that you buy the new iPod Touch 6th generation. It's the same price as the iPod Touch 5 when it came out, and it has much better specs.

Disclaimer: All my reviews and opinions expressed here are solely my own. I am not sponsored or paid by any of these companies
.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts