Fluency Journal/ Blog Reflection

/
1 Comments
To be honest, when I found out that I was going to have to write a blog post everyday for 25 days, I felt a little discouraged. I had read other people's bogs, but I had never created a blog of my own. Creating the blog was pretty easy, however, I will admit that finding a name that I liked took me a few days to do.

 The hardest part of the Fluency Blog posts for me was thinking of ideas to write about. I not only wanted good ideas, but also ideas that interested me. Ideas that I could easily write about and enjoy at the same time. Another thing I struggled with in these posts was being lazy. Most days I put my blog posts off to the end of the day when I was tired, and then just threw a bunch of words together to make a post. From reading my blog posts, it is probably very relevant that I didn't work very hard some days. However, not all days were like this. Sometimes, I would get up feeling refreshed and ready to write my daily blog post, but this feeling would quickly subside throughout the days to come. Having to write everyday was also very hard for me. I have never written so often and so much in my life. I know it was good for me, but I still didn't enjoy it sometimes.

I had some challenges, but I feel I also had success along with them. A big success for me is writing faster. When I first started out my blog posts, it took me around a couple of hours to finish a post. I know, that's ridiculous. Now, if I have a set subject, I can usually complete it within thirty minutes. I have also learned that good writing does not have to be limited to a certain subject. I enjoyed having the freedom to write about virtually anything I wanted to. Before taking this class, almost everything I wrote was not supposed to include any personal opinions whatsoever, which is really hard for me to not do.

Rereading my posts, I have discovered a great deal of things about my writing process. Things that I can both correct and grow from. Some of them include: I tend to use the same words more than necessary, I like to write as if I'm talking to someone, and I can write much more about something I show a great interest in.

As I have mentioned numerous times, writing is not my strong suit. Though, same goes for some people in the subject of math, but somehow many of them pull through. This gives me hope, that if I work hard enough, I can pass this class. From this assignment, I have gained more experience. I have learned new tips and things to avoid. Like I mentioned in yesterday's blog post, I won't stop writing here. I want to keep expanding my knowledge and learn to become a effective writer.






You may also like

1 comment:

  1. This is a most excellent reflection of your experience. You should be quite proud of what you have accomplished here. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts